- Rough coats
- Decreased performance
- Unusual eating habits like consuming dirt or chewing on tool handles, trees, board fences or another animal’s mane or tail.
- In poultry, an increase in pecking behavior, feather eating, general flock nervousness, and/or reduced egg production.
What are the symptoms of selenium mineral deficiency in animals?
- Reproductive issues
- White muscle problems
- Performance issues
- Muscle stiffness
- Reduced immune response
What are the symptoms of iodine mineral deficiency in animals?
- Enlarged thyroid gland; goiter swell
- Metabolic disorders; decrease in metabolic rate
- Hair loss
- Dry and scaly skin
What are the symptoms of cobalt mineral deficiency in animals?
- Lack of appetite
- Poor growth
- In sheep, decrease in wool production and growth
- In ruminants, vitamin B12 deficiency
Is water softener salt harmful to animals?
Water softening salts are not intended for human or animal feeding. For some animals, particles may be too large and cause choking issues. In addition, some water softening salts may have additives that are inappropriate for animal feeds.
How does sodium deprivation occur in animals?
Sodium deprivation can be precipitated by dietary, climatic and disease factors and occurs under the following conditions:
- Rapidly growing animals given cereal-based diets that are inherently low in sodium
- Animals grazing pastures on soils naturally low in sodium
- Animals grazing pastures heavily fertilized with potassium
- Lactating animals, particularly cows, secreting large amounts of sodium in mild climates
- Tropical or hot, semi-arid climates, causing large losses of water and sodium in sweat
- Heavy or intense physical work that causes profuse sweating
- Animals with gut infections that cause diarrhea
When one or more of these conditions exist continuously for long periods and extra salt is not provided, sodium deprivation is inevitable.
White Salt Licks
Compressed white salt licks in the form of blocks. Economical and efficient means of introducing salt into the animals’ diet. This salt lick in the form of a block is intended for beef cattle, dairy cows, horses, goats, pigs, deer and sheep. Salt licks are weather resistant for free choice feeding.
50 lb block (22.7 kg block)
Sulfur Salt Lick (Block)
Our Sulfur Salt Lick in the form of a compressed sulfur salt block is made from fine-screened salt and formulated with sulfur. Sulfur is an essential element in body cells and in the amino acids cystine, cysteine and methionine. This sulfur salt lick or block is intended for beef cattle, dairy cows, goats and sheep. This sulfur salt lick or block is especially recommended when feeding urea or other non-protein nitrogen compounds in ruminant diets.
50 lb block (22.7 kg block)
Sheep Salt with Selenium
A fine-screened salt specially formulated with trace minerals to help meet the requirements of sheep. The trace minerals complement the diet to help promote digestion, growth, maintenance of body tissues, proper reproductive processes, and general animal well-being. Selenium is added as a supplement for use in selenium-deficient areas.
50 lb bag (22.7 kg bag)